Community Supported Agriculture “CSA”
This is what we are planning for $495.00 for the Weekly Box
The day of the week will be established based on membership volume.
• 12 weeks of mixed in season fruit, vegetables, herbs and other foraged foods as available. (reduced from 20 weeks, investment lowered by $405.00 and a lower weekly cost of $3.75).
• Paid by interact transfer, cheque or cash (receipts to be provided).
• 5-15 items depending what is seasonally available, a bell curve type availability.
• Two equal payments to be made on or before April 15st, 2020 and May 1st 2020.
• A discount of $25 can be deducted when paying in full before April 1st resulting in a price of $470.00.
• Delivery price is available at an additional cost, this will be determined based on demand.
• A commitment is required and acknowledge the program payments are non-refundable for any reason.
• Start date is anticipated to be as early as beginning of May based on what is available in Ontario.
• As more items are in season the amount received will increase, the first few weeks will have a limited offering just so you can know what to expect.
• We will as we have in the past also purchase from other Ontario farmers, our goal is to increase our production this year to mitigate any supply issues from others.
• No switching will be permitted, we will acknowledge if you do not wish certain items and make effort to replace with similar value products when possible.
• Your box will not be held past the cut off time to pick up unless special arrangements have been agreed upon.
• All food safety protocols and farm biosecurity rules will be required of members.
We have been providing this service for nearly seven years and have had enough feedback regarding diversity, volume and will create when possible smaller bunches of certain vegetables. We did preserve a number of products last year and in the early weeks of the program we will include some of them in the program.
We hope we can help you and sincerely appreciate the support to overcome many obstacles we know many other farmers are facing.
You can fill out the contact form below, email us directly to email@example.com or call us at 905-237-2141 and leave a message please.
Sukyi and Michael
Front Step Farms, Inc.
Michael’s cell 6475018999
Front Step Farms, Inc. to produce products in a viable way.
We embrace cultural techniques that we can rely upon as farmers to be viable. We employ traditional conventional farming, organic practices and pesticide free techniques. We are not certified organic or make any claims to be, we will inform you of any methods used to produce products from our farm.
We have a long family tradition of farming in Ontario, Canada dating back to the early 1800’s when our ancestors migrated from United States after briefly settling there from Scotland. Many different crops and livestock have been produced over the last nearly 200 years by the previous five generations, today we continue on as the sixth. The diversity of our family experience in farming has enabled us to provide to others fruit, vegetables, meat, flowers and other specialty products derived from our production. Now in the year 2020 we are changing our focus of what we produce, how we produce and where we produce products that our valued customers can use to sustain and improve their health.
Our gratitude for taking the time to learn about us.
M.J. Watson 6th Generation Ontario Farmer
Located near Bathurst and Gamble. 11490 Bathurst St, Vaughan, On L6A1S2